Skip to main content

📣📣 Resource Alert!!

Browsing Twitter today, and I came across a tweet by @VirtualGiff.  Jen Giffen is known for her repertoire of awesome educational technology resources, and today she shared a resource created by @meagan_e_kelly.  Meagan's website, i-heart-edu.com has some great resources that she creates and shares, but the resource I came across today is one that will aide our students with mindfulness.

Meagan is a classroom teacher 🍎 and she has created a set of calendars using Google Slides.  She has a weekly academic calendar to track assignments and projects, she created a monthly academic calendar, and a weekly project planning calendar (designed for goal setting), but her mindfulness calendar is the one that drew me in!

🗓
With this calendar, students are given suggestions for mindfulness, such as going for a walk, giving people compliments, going to bed early and even using no tech for a day!  I love all of Meagan's suggestions, and students have them listed in the first slide so they can create a schedule in the calendar.  Students are encouraged in her instructions to schedule one per week in order to create a "positive emotional health and balance in [their] life."  I love it!  Thank you Meagan!

Check out her calendar and share it with your students today 👩‍💻!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breathe

My daughter recently took part in a poetry workshop at school.  Once it was over, her assignment for class was to write a poem and then deliver it in a spoken word performance to her class.  If chosen, she would then compete against the other top poems from the other 5 classes in her grade.  What she wrote and performed was so intensely personal.  I was blown away by her courage to share, but more so by the profound words, technique and delivery of the poem itself (the English teacher in me!). She was extremely self-conscious about sharing with others in her school about her experience with anxiety, but I told her that she was likely helping others by sharing about what she has dealt with.  A friend of mine, who is a teacher at her school commented on how she impacted other students with her words.  My friend shared that at school she appears to be such a confident, composed and self-assured young lady, so in sharing her story and poetry, my friend overheard some students commenting

Take a Moment

February 27, 2010 my life changed.  I lost my dad to his battle with cancer, and he was only 52. My daughter Ava and my dad, summer 2009. Today is ten years since he died, and I have to say, it is a very tough day.  I didn't expect it to be so difficult, but I am struggling today.  Grief can consume, and it is a sneaky thing too, as you don't realize it's going to get you until it does.  I am constantly on the verge of tears, my every thought is consumed with memories of him - both good and sad ones.  How is it that TEN years has gone by so quickly? I was having a conversation with one of my Google Innovator mentees today, and he was saying how his life was so busy this past month and his Innovator project has somehow paused for a few weeks.  He was still motivated and enthusiastic about it, and best of all - he didn't feel any guilt about having hit the pause button.  My mentee's project is focussed around teacher self-care and wellness, and he recognized th

Guest Post by Nathan Gildart: Distance Learning: Strategies for Wellness

I’ll cut to the chase so-to-speak in this post. If your school has closed (or is poised to close) due to COVID-19 then you’ll want to keep a couple of things in mind: our students’ physical and emotional health. The activities below are aimed at fostering physical and social activity. At the end of this post, for those rainy days, see some apps that kids can have fun with while being creative, thoughtful, and should bring a smile! Do you have an idea? Please leave them in the Comments box. Before I continue: 1. Consider enrolling on one of these two free online courses: Designing for Online Learning  from the Global Online Academy Teach the Global Goals: Health and Well-Being . (a 2-hour self-paced program)  2. Look at these resources put together by a couple of people using crowdsourcing to help. (there is overlap): Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions due to School Closings Free Tools for Schools Dealing with Coronavirus Educator Temporary School Closure for Onl